Pacific Rim Cobalt – TNM Project Area:
Depapre District, Jayapura Regency, Papua Province, Republic of Indonesia
- Uniquely positioned in a region with potentially the largest source of cobalt outside of Africa
- Strategically located near China, the world’s largest cobalt buyer
- Laterite (iron-hosted) mineral resource, rich in cobalt and nickel
Indonesia Nickel-Cobalt Potential
- Highly prospective geology and tropical environment results in numerous commercially suitable high-grade nickel-cobalt-bearing laterite deposits.
- Produced 32% of the world’s nickel as laterite ore in 2013.
- High Quality: 40% of the global total resources of high-grade lateritic ore (>1.8%).
- Indonesia production focused on high grade nickel in saprolite for pyro-metallurgical processing.
- Cobalt resources not yet exploited in the limonite zone which offers alternate processing opportunities.